1st Edition of the Kent Riley Award.
In the context of the 8th Young Researchers BNCT Meeting (8YBNCT), it is our honour to announce the Kent Riley Award, in memory of our excellent colleague and good friend Kent Riley, who left us prematurely in 2014 at the young age of 43. The Kent Riley award will be presented to the young researcher in BNCT who, in the judgement of the Review Committee, delivers the best presentation (oral or poster) of original scientific work during the Congress.
The Committee is composed of:
- Stead Kiger, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachussetts, USA – president
- Saverio Altieri, University of Pavia and National Institute of Nuclear Physics, Pavia, Italy
- Sara J. González, National Atomic Energy Agency and National Council of Scientific and Technological Research, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Hiroaki Kumada, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
- Amanda E. Schwint, National Atomic Energy Agency and National Council of Scientific and Technological Research, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Tetsuya Yamamoto, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
The Award consists of 500 euro, kindly offered by the Italian National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN), Pavia Unit, and it will be awarded during the Closing Ceremony of the 8YBNCT to the author and presenter of the best original contribution to the Congress.